SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed

Added by Matej Munih 6 months ago

Hello,

I am trying to setup the SAT>IP server which is built in tvheadend. I am running the latest version on Ubuntu 16.04. I am trying to set the port to 554 and I always get the following error: RTSP port 554 specified but no root perms, using 9983

Here is the entire log

2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: RTSP port 554 specified but no root perms, using 9983
2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: Starting SAT>IP RTSP server 192.168.2.29:9983
2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: SAT>IP Server reinitialized
2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: HTTP 192.168.2.29:9981, RTSP 192.168.2.29:9983
2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: descramble 1, muxcnf 0
2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: tuner[fe=1]: DVB-S #1
2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: tuner[fe=2]: DVB-S2 #1

I understood that I have to be logged in as root. I am logged in with "hts" as username and "hts as password". I don't know if it is root user or not.

Please, could you help me setting up a working satip server?


Replies (19)

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Mark Clarkstone 6 months ago

Matej Munih wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to setup the SAT>IP server which is built in tvheadend. I am running the latest version on Ubuntu 16.04. I am trying to set the port to 554 and I always get the following error: RTSP port 554 specified but no root perms, using 9983

Here is the entire log

2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: RTSP port 554 specified but no root perms, using 9983
2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: Starting SAT>IP RTSP server 192.168.2.29:9983
2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: SAT>IP Server reinitialized
2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: HTTP 192.168.2.29:9981, RTSP 192.168.2.29:9983
2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: descramble 1, muxcnf 0
2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: tuner[fe=1]: DVB-S #1
2017-06-15 08:52:24.285 satips: tuner[fe=2]: DVB-S2 #1

I understood that I have to be logged in as root. I am logged in with "hts" as username and "hts as password". I don't know if it is root user or not.

The process needs to be ran as "root" (or using sudo). If you're using the package, you should be able to use port 554 & just restart tvheadend (by default it starts as root then drops to an unprivileged user).

Please, could you help me setting up a working satip server?

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Matej Munih 6 months ago

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry but I don't understand how to do what you are suggested

Could you write the commands please?

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Mark Clarkstone 6 months ago

Matej Munih wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry but I don't understand how to do what you are suggested

Could you write the commands please?

All you need to do is set the port to 554 & restart tvheadend..

sudo service tvheadend restart

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Matej Munih 6 months ago

i tried, but it doesn't work.

Still the same message after "sudo service tvheadend restart"

2017-06-15 11:27:53.762 satips: RTSP port 554 specified but no root perms, using 9983
2017-06-15 11:27:53.762 satips: Starting SAT>IP RTSP server 192.168.2.29:9983
2017-06-15 11:27:53.762 satips: SAT>IP Server reinitialized
2017-06-15 11:27:53.762 satips: HTTP 192.168.2.29:9981, RTSP 192.168.2.29:9983
2017-06-15 11:27:53.762 satips: descramble 1, muxcnf 0
2017-06-15 11:27:53.762 satips: tuner[fe=1]: DVB-S #1
2017-06-15 11:27:53.762 satips: tuner[fe=2]: DVB-S2 #1

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Matej Munih 6 months ago

Anyway, after restarting tvheadend, my sat>ip client is "seeing" the tvheadend satip server.

Now I have another problem: the satip client is not able to scan for channels.

This is the log

55:31.641 subscription: 000E: "SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10727.13H/Funbox UHD" subscribing to service "Tivusat/10727.13H/Funbox UHD", weight: 100, adapter: "TurboSight TBS 5927 DVB-S/S2 #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "Tivusat", mux: "10727.13H", provider: "SPI", client="SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10727.13H/Funbox UHD"
2017-06-15 11:55:31.683 subscription: 000E: "SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10727.13H/Funbox UHD" unsubscribing, client="SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10727.13H/Funbox UHD"
2017-06-15 11:55:31.683 subscription: 000C: "SAT>IP" unsubscribing, hostname="192.168.2.9", client="VLC/2.1.3 LibVLC/2.1.3"
2017-06-15 11:55:31.685 mpegts: 10758V in Tivusat - tuning on TurboSight TBS 5927 DVB-S/S2 #0 : DVB-S #0
2017-06-15 11:55:31.708 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:31.766 subscription: 000F: "SAT>IP" subscribing to mux "10758V", weight: 100, adapter: "TurboSight TBS 5927 DVB-S/S2 #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "Tivusat", service: "Raw PID Subscription", hostname="192.168.2.9", client="VLC/2.1.3 LibVLC/2.1.3"
2017-06-15 11:55:32.568 capmt: Tivusat: Starting CAPMT server for service "DTX" on adapter 0
2017-06-15 11:55:32.568 subscription: 0010: "SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10758V/DTX" subscribing to service "Tivusat/10758V/DTX", weight: 100, adapter: "TurboSight TBS 5927 DVB-S/S2 #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "Tivusat", mux: "10758V", provider: "Cyfrowy Polsat S.A.", client="SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10758V/DTX"
2017-06-15 11:55:32.577 satips: 0/DEF3B722/1: limit for descrambled services reached (wanted 14 allowed 1)
2017-06-15 11:55:32.588 satips: 0/DEF3B722/1: limit for descrambled services reached (wanted 22 allowed 1)
2017-06-15 11:55:32.760 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:33.812 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:34.641 subscription: 0010: service instance is bad, reason: No access
2017-06-15 11:55:34.663 subscription: 0010: "SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10758V/DTX" unsubscribing, client="SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10758V/DTX"
2017-06-15 11:55:34.663 subscription: 000F: "SAT>IP" unsubscribing, hostname="192.168.2.9", client="VLC/2.1.3 LibVLC/2.1.3"
2017-06-15 11:55:34.665 mpegts: 10775H in Tivusat - tuning on TurboSight TBS 5927 DVB-S/S2 #0 : DVB-S #0
2017-06-15 11:55:34.713 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:34.742 subscription: 0012: "SAT>IP" subscribing to mux "10775H", weight: 100, adapter: "TurboSight TBS 5927 DVB-S/S2 #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "Tivusat", service: "Raw PID Subscription", hostname="192.168.2.9", client="VLC/2.1.3 LibVLC/2.1.3"
2017-06-15 11:55:35.765 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:36.967 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:37.719 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:38.771 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:39.672 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:40.574 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:41.626 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:42.828 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:43.730 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:44.781 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:45.833 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:46.735 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Mark Clarkstone 6 months ago

Matej Munih wrote:

Anyway, after restarting tvheadend, my sat>ip client is "seeing" the tvheadend satip server.

Now I have another problem: the satip client is not able to scan for channels.

This is the log

55:31.641 subscription: 000E: "SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10727.13H/Funbox UHD" subscribing to service "Tivusat/10727.13H/Funbox UHD", weight: 100, adapter: "TurboSight TBS 5927 DVB-S/S2 #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "Tivusat", mux: "10727.13H", provider: "SPI", client="SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10727.13H/Funbox UHD"
2017-06-15 11:55:31.683 subscription: 000E: "SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10727.13H/Funbox UHD" unsubscribing, client="SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10727.13H/Funbox UHD"
2017-06-15 11:55:31.683 subscription: 000C: "SAT>IP" unsubscribing, hostname="192.168.2.9", client="VLC/2.1.3 LibVLC/2.1.3"
2017-06-15 11:55:31.685 mpegts: 10758V in Tivusat - tuning on TurboSight TBS 5927 DVB-S/S2 #0 : DVB-S #0
2017-06-15 11:55:31.708 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:31.766 subscription: 000F: "SAT>IP" subscribing to mux "10758V", weight: 100, adapter: "TurboSight TBS 5927 DVB-S/S2 #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "Tivusat", service: "Raw PID Subscription", hostname="192.168.2.9", client="VLC/2.1.3 LibVLC/2.1.3"
2017-06-15 11:55:32.568 capmt: Tivusat: Starting CAPMT server for service "DTX" on adapter 0
2017-06-15 11:55:32.568 subscription: 0010: "SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10758V/DTX" subscribing to service "Tivusat/10758V/DTX", weight: 100, adapter: "TurboSight TBS 5927 DVB-S/S2 #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "Tivusat", mux: "10758V", provider: "Cyfrowy Polsat S.A.", client="SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10758V/DTX"
2017-06-15 11:55:32.577 satips: 0/DEF3B722/1: limit for descrambled services reached (wanted 14 allowed 1)
2017-06-15 11:55:32.588 satips: 0/DEF3B722/1: limit for descrambled services reached (wanted 22 allowed 1)

Looks like you're trying to descramble more than one (allowed) service?

2017-06-15 11:55:32.760 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:33.812 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:34.641 subscription: 0010: service instance is bad, reason: No access
2017-06-15 11:55:34.663 subscription: 0010: "SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10758V/DTX" unsubscribing, client="SAT>IP Slave/Tivusat/10758V/DTX"
2017-06-15 11:55:34.663 subscription: 000F: "SAT>IP" unsubscribing, hostname="192.168.2.9", client="VLC/2.1.3 LibVLC/2.1.3"
2017-06-15 11:55:34.665 mpegts: 10775H in Tivusat - tuning on TurboSight TBS 5927 DVB-S/S2 #0 : DVB-S #0
2017-06-15 11:55:34.713 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:34.742 subscription: 0012: "SAT>IP" subscribing to mux "10775H", weight: 100, adapter: "TurboSight TBS 5927 DVB-S/S2 #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "Tivusat", service: "Raw PID Subscription", hostname="192.168.2.9", client="VLC/2.1.3 LibVLC/2.1.3"
2017-06-15 11:55:35.765 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:36.967 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:37.719 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:38.771 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:39.672 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:40.574 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:41.626 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:42.828 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:43.730 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:44.781 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:45.833 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused
2017-06-15 11:55:46.735 satips: RTCP send to error 192.168.2.9:56519 : Connection refused

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Matej Munih 6 months ago

Yes, it seems so also from the following oscam log

2017/06/15 11:55:20 292994BA c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 ecmpid 0 CAID: 186C ECM_PID: 0E7A PROVID: 000000
2017/06/15 11:55:20 292994BA c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 ecmpid 1 CAID: 1861 ECM_PID: 0E16 PROVID: 000000
2017/06/15 11:55:20 292994BA c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 ecmpid 2 CAID: 1803 ECM_PID: 0DB2 PROVID: 000000
2017/06/15 11:55:20 292994BA c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 ecmpid 3 CAID: 1884 ECM_PID: 0C86 PROVID: 000000
2017/06/15 11:55:20 292994BA c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 found 4 ECMpids and 1 STREAMpids in caPMT
2017/06/15 11:55:20 292994BA c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 no suitable readers found that can be used for decoding!
2017/06/15 11:55:20 292994BA c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 found 4 ECMpids and 3 STREAMpids in PMT
2017/06/15 11:55:22 292994BA c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 stop descrambling program number 1168 (186C@000000:1168 unknown)
2017/06/15 11:55:31 292994BA c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 ecmpid 0 CAID: 0500 ECM_PID: 0104 PROVID: 051A30
2017/06/15 11:55:31 292994BA c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 found 1 ECMpids and 1 STREAMpids in caPMT
2017/06/15 11:55:31 292994BA c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 no suitable readers found that can be used for decoding!

I really don't understand why tvheadend is trying to descramble channels that I usually don't descramble using the combination "tvheadend+VLC"

Is tvheadend able to descramble channels in "SAT>IP Server" scenario?

EDIT: I saw right now that under the satip server configuration, there is "Descramble services (limit per mux):1" Does it matter with the errors?

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Matej Munih 6 months ago

UP

I am still not able to run the SAT>IP server on 554 port.

Furthermore, Elgato Sat>ip app is showing me an error "autoscan error:1" when I am trying to scan for channels.

Also ProgTV app is making tvheadend to make "connection refused" errors and I cannot scan for channels.

How can I make the SAT>IP SERVER working????

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Svinya Dolna 4 months ago

Did you try quitting any anti-virus and/or monitoring programs you might have running? What about turning off the firewall?

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Robert Cameron 4 months ago

Matej Munih wrote:

UP

I am still not able to run the SAT>IP server on 554 port.

Furthermore, Elgato Sat>ip app is showing me an error "autoscan error:1" when I am trying to scan for channels.

Also ProgTV app is making tvheadend to make "connection refused" errors and I cannot scan for channels.

How can I make the SAT>IP SERVER working????

Only root can open connections on ports below 1000. As you've previously stated, you're running as hts, not root. Run as root, or point your Sat>IP clients to 9983 instead of 554.

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Svinya Dolna 4 months ago

That's not possible (for me) on a Panasonic client.

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Robert Cameron 4 months ago

Svinya Dolna wrote:

That's not possible (for me) on a Panasonic client.

Then run your Tvheadend install as root, so you can use lower port numbers. You should also be able to pass "-u" option to Tvheadend so that it will drop to a lower privileged user, but allowing the initial port binding to occur still.

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by saen acro 4 months ago

When TVHeadend is installed from package installer with all permissions correct
and started by System not by command line all work perfect port 554 is OK.
Dirty configuration is not good.

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by luis chavez 4 months ago

any update in the project i have my own project sat > ip and i have some issues

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Svinya Dolna 4 months ago

Starting from System does work indeed. TVH streamed DVB-T stick to DVB-IP client on the TV, with no apparent problems.

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Me Mine 4 months ago

Hello all. I have been unsuccessful in getting a working RTSP stream out of TVHeadend. Can someone tell me the proper formatting of the URL. Secondly, I should be able to verify the RTSP Stream in VLC? Thank you in advance.

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Robert Cameron 4 months ago

Me Mine wrote:

Hello all. I have been unsuccessful in getting a working RTSP stream out of TVHeadend. Can someone tell me the proper formatting of the URL. Secondly, I should be able to verify the RTSP Stream in VLC? Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure that Tvheadend has a full RTSP server. It does support some RTSP functionality, but that is a side-effect of it being a Sat>IP server/client, which uses parts of RTSP for its own implementation.

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by Me Mine 4 months ago

Ok. Thanks for the response. Makes sense :-)

RE: SAT>IP Server Tutorial needed - Added by luis chavez 4 months ago

i have an AMD A10 with 8g of ram and i want to make transcoding to 36 channels can i compress all the 36 channels with that procesor??
i wanna compress in x265 but i dont know how to do it in tvheadend an use the 8 core who can help me with that please!!

i use ubuntu server 16.4.03, tvheadend 4.3-358~g99d191a46 from mamarley nightly, and dvb-s2

(1-19/19)