WebUI to ExtJS 6 switch
|Assignee:||Jaroslav Kysela||% Done:|
#1 Updated by Mark Clarkstone almost 2 years ago
There is no option to quote or add a comment to this feature request so I had to edit it instead.
The below list are some of the ideas & improvements to the webui I could think of. Some of them may seem pointless or damn right odd :).
Note to perexg: Feel free to comment, link to issues/features (or even split them into separate issues) for the suggestions as you please.
- Improve saving & loading of configuration, the TV adapters tab for example doesn't correctly refresh the tuner config if you make changes then select another tree item & go back.
- Consolidate some tabs. The status tab for example could be made into one sortable list (Multiple sort grid?).
- Improve the Live TV player. Add an option to select player back-end (using either html video tags or a browser plug-in).
- Implement a quick start guide something along the lines of a pop-up wizard that guides the user through a simple configuration.
- Make all the tabs sortable and hide-able however this may cause issues when people forget they've hidden an item (reset tabs button?).
- Improve the EPG guide. Replace with a timeline version (or maybe keep both & let the user decide) also make it configurable (display channel logos, programme genre colourisation, etc).
- Rename Tv Adapters tab. Mainly because SAT>IP tuners aren't what I would call adapters but are network tuners, rename it to Devices or Tuners?
- Display all users (even anonymous ones) regardless of where they came from (HTTP, HTSP, API, etc).
- User selectable themes.
- Channel logo importer. Add a user interface that searches something like http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/ for logos? Might be useful to contact lynsat to see if they offer some sort of API.
#2 Updated by Prof Yaffle almost 2 years ago
- Search thetvdb (c/f the current imdb search) for upcoming broadcasts' details
- Search thetvdb/imdb for completed recordings' details/programme information
- Touch-compatible interface (one of the main drivers for extjs 5+ IMO)
- More information about the backend system - CPU load, I/O load, disc space by filesystem (or as part of recording path setup?)
- Searching of recordings (e.g. free-text search of description and title)?
#5 Updated by C vH almost 2 years ago
- bulk select (all/none/invert) through maybe right click
- select from / to (shift + click)
- optimize size of icons and "things" for at least HD
- channel sort window (a special view that only shows channel names in a compact view and let them sort per drag and drop) + search with auto complete, if you search for RTL you got instantly ~20 channels you can select and drag to position (should be a huge easing for this task)
#6 Updated by Christian Glombek over 1 year ago
Hello, I'd like to propose the following:
- Split Out the Live TV UI (with EPG) to a second (public) WebUI.
- use the WebUI as reference implementation of HTSP
- easily port the WebUI App to native platforms. (For that matter I'd like to propose using the React.js Framework)
- no more need for app on the client (viewer) for simply watching TV and setting the Recorder - in a browser simply go to the WebUI's IP. Functionality could be disabled or restricted through auth